AC is a device that functions to cool the room. Air conditioning devices that have been used for a long time will certainly be dirty and need to be washed. However, often after washing the air conditioner becomes not cold anymore. Here are some causes of the air conditioner not cooling after washing and some ways to fix it properly.
Causes of AC Not Cooling After Washing and How to Fix It
1. Leaky Freon
The first possible cause is the depleted AC Freon. Freon can also leak after washing the device. So, making the air conditioner not cold anymore because the Freon has run out. If this has already happened, it is necessary to do further treatment. Here’s how or how to fix it:
- Use a manifold needle to see the condition of the Freon on the AC used, if the needle stops at zero, it is certain that the Freon has run out.
- If the Freon runs out due to a leak, it is necessary to do a patch so that it does not happen again in the future.
- On the AC pipe, open the armaflex wrapper slowly and carefully.
- If it is opened properly, apply only a small amount of soap on the part.
- If a bubble appears on the part that has been applied earlier, then that’s the point. Immediately patch it using an adhesive that is usually already provided in an electronics store.
- Then, refill the AC Freon fully and make sure that nothing leaks again.
- Check again whether the air conditioner is cold again or not.
2. Water Regarding PCB Module
When washing the air conditioner, you should do it carefully and carefully. Do not let the water used for washing damage other components. Moreover, if exposed to sensors or PCB Modules, it can be the cause of the air conditioner not cooling after washing. Here’s how to fix it according to the cause:
- Recognize the symptoms first, namely if the AC light is just blinking or the most important thing is that the air conditioner becomes not cold anymore.
- If there are already these symptoms, then the user must immediately correct them.
- After washing, do not immediately warm up first, but dry the sensor using a fan or similar tool.
- This is done to prevent the air conditioner from becoming damaged and does not want to cool down anymore.
- After feeling that all parts are dry, do the reassembly slowly.
- Check again whether the air conditioner is in normal temperature again or not.
- If it is still not normal too, then you should make improvements to more professional people. Because, if the PCB damage is already severe then it can only be repaired using certain techniques.
3. Dust That Sticks
The cause of the air conditioner not cooling after washing the next one could be because there is dust attached. There must be many who are surprised, even though it has been washed, why there is still dirt attached. Yep, it could have happened due to unclean washing or there was flying dust during the washing. Well, here’s how to deal with it:
- Check the indoor evaporator, because the part is the most prone to dust or dirt.
- Dirt can come because of the long period of no washing or purification is not done thoroughly.
- Clean the part, by opening the lid at the top of the evaporator. Then wash it on the part slowly and until it is clean as well.
- If you don’t want a lot of dirt to stick, then you should regularly clean the part at least once a week.
- This is done so that not much dirt sticks and also when washing is done there is no need to use excess force.
- Then when it has been cleaned, then turn on the air conditioner again and check again whether the temperature is appropriate or not. Usually if it is caused by this, the air conditioner will work normally again.
- However, if it is not normal, it could be caused by something else.
4. Clogged Ducts
For the cause of the air conditioner not cooling after washing, it can also be because there is a clogged channel. Especially in the disposal part which is often clogged and can be a problem. So, don’t be surprised if after washing the air conditioner even becomes not cold anymore, because many ignore it. Below are ways to handle it:
- Check the drain section when washing. Usually there will be some dirt that accumulates.
- Do not only use water flush to dispose of it, because it will definitely not work optimally.
- Users can use a rather large water hose to clean it.
- Spray the water hose on the sewer, usually the dirt will be pushed out immediately and the channel will become clean again.
- So, when washing the air conditioner, don’t just do the outside. However, the check also reaches the inside.
- Because, what is certain is that many things are the cause of the air conditioner not cooling after being washed improperly.
- After the cleaning is done, turn on the air conditioner again and see the temperature whether it is cold again or not.
5. Non-Meeting Connection
The factor or cause of the air conditioner not cooling after washing is a connection that is not tightly attached. Usually, after washing, it will certainly be reinstalled on the components. Make sure to install all parts correctly and tightly, because otherwise it can cause the air conditioner to not cool down anymore. Well, here’s how to fix it:
- When going to install, check all connections whether they are tight or not. Especially on the outside of the air conditioner, because there are many connections in that part.
- Pay attention to one by one the pipe connections correctly, make sure all pipes are installed correctly and correctly.
- If there are parts that are still loose, then immediately tighten them again and install them tightly.
- If it is not installed tightly, it can be the cause of the air conditioner not wanting to cool anymore,
- Even worse, it can also be the cause of the Freon part leaking and also running out.
6. Disconnected Cable
The cause of the air conditioner not cooling after washing the last one is that it can be because there is a damaged cable connection. This can happen when washing the air conditioner, because it could be that when disassembling there are cables that are interested. Thus, making the cable peel off or even break with the flow.
The disconnected cable can be the main cause of the AC not wanting to cool anymore. So, if it is damaged, then immediately make repairs to the cable. Don’t just patch it, you should replace the cable. Because, cables are the most vulnerable component in a device. For installation can be done by yourself slowly and correctly.
These are some of the causes of the air conditioner not cooling after washing and ways to overcome it. When doing washing should do it carefully and slowly. So, it does not damage other components. Thus, causing the air conditioner to not want to cool anymore and even unable to work normally again. It is also worth washing periodically.